Our client is one of the world’s leaders in the logistics industry. They have a global network composed of more than 220 countries and territories and 300,000 employees’ worldwide, offers customers superior service quality and local knowledge to satisfy their supply chain requirements. Our client accepts its social responsibility by supporting climate protection, disaster management and education.
- Provide business applications to the Business Entities.
- Planning core application deployment for new proprietary software and versions with the GIS, Cyberjaya deployment and support teams.
- Provision of cost justifiable solutions.
- Resolving problems with GIS, Cyberjaya Data Centre’s services
- Provide user training and on-going user support.
- Provide pre and post sales support to Sales Department.
- Participate in customer solution related discussions and provide technical inputs to meet customer needs.
- Vendors/Suppliers: Contract negotiation, problem escalation, etc.
- Applications Handling
- Manage local application grow-up.
- Conduct sourcing of local IS software solutions.
- Develop local applications (where justifiable).
- Collect country functional user requirements, analyse problems and recommend solutions
- People-Management To develop skills in DHL proprietary applications. (NOTE: Incumbent has no direct reports and authority over country line and functional personnel. Nevertheless he/she must be able to demonstrate ability to influence decisions/actions.)
- Communication skills (English), spoken and written (excellent)
- Technical expertise in:
New Internet technologies – JAVA, .NET, SQL server
Unix Operating System (added advantage)
Informix 4GL and Database (added advantage)
Intel-based workstation and server operating systems (MS-DOS, Windows 9x and Windows NT/2000)
Desktop applications (Microsoft Office, Netscape Mail, Outlook, Visio, etc.)
- Analysis: Breaks down a problem, situation or process into its component parts, separates the main issues from side-issues, understands the nature of parts and their relationship to one another. Seeks out and critically evaluates both numerical and narrative information. Draws accurate conclusions.
- Planning & Organizing: Sets clear and realistic goals and objectives. Establishes a course of action and a sequence of steps to ensure that activities and objectives are efficiently achieved. Is structured with good personal organization. Schedules time effectively and uses efficient work methods and tools.
- Decision Making: Makes timely and appropriate choices based on accurate analysis and experience. Uses sound judgment even in conditions of uncertainty. Anticipates impact of decisions and plans how to manage risk.
- Results Orientation: Continually seeks to accomplish critical tasks with measurable results. Overcomes obstacles and makes adjustments to achieve results. Focuses self and others to achieve targets aligned with business goals.
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively with others to achieve target and objectives. Accomplishes own tasks in support of team goals and actively offers to help colleagues. Supports group decisions.
- Accountability: Acts responsibly. Can be counted on to keep commitments. Complies with the intent of policies, procedures and agreements. Builds others’ trust in own professionalism, integrity, expertise and ability to get results.
- Communication: Provides both verbal and written information in a timely, clear and concise manner. Expresses ideas effectively, adjusting style, tools and mode to the needs of others. Listens attentively, and summarizes or asks questions, when needed, to clarify information.
- Self Management: Remains calm, objective and controlled in responding to urgent or demanding situations. Maintains effective performance under pressure. Stays positive.
- 3-5 years IS and business experience, preferably in logistics industry
- 3 years experience with Business or Systems Analysis responsibilities
- Degree in Information Services/Business (or equivalent)
Interested applicants may email their resume to email@example.com
You may also call 893-3199 local 108 if you wish to clarify the information posted.